You want guaranteed issue life insurance, no heath questions, up to 100k in death benefit.
You just want an easy application and be done with it.
Or, maybe you have a moderate to severe health condition which precludes you from traditional life insurance underwriting and an affordable premium.
Whatever the case may be, you end up in a dead end.
You’ve researched and see guaranteed issue life insurance up to $25,000 or $40,000. Good coverage, but you want more.
Or, you don’t qualify based on age. Many guaranteed issue life insurance policies qualify people starting at age 50.
Additionally, maybe you don’t want to go through the hassle of a full underwriting process.
You think you can’t obtain $100k of life insurance coverage at guaranteed issue.
But, we are here to tell you that you can.
Well, almost. There is really one question (2 part question) to answer. It’s not really a health question, but more of a lifestyle one.
That is right. No direct health questions like if you’ve had cancer in the last 2 years. Moreover, no MIB, prescription drug check, etc.
This is not one of those “too-good-to-be-true” stories.
However, some people will qualify for this life insurance while others will not.
This life insurance is offered by an A-rated A.M. Best carrier. They’ve been around for decades.
In this article, we discuss the following. Feel free to skip ahead by clicking on the link.
Read on to learn more.
Who Could Use 100k Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance?
Really, anyone. However, as we discussed in our guaranteed issue life insurance guide, there possibly are other options for you instead of guaranteed issue life insurance. These options include:
- traditionally underwritten life insurance which requires
- simplified issue life insurance
In both cases, the premium cost will be less than that on a guaranteed issue life insurance policy, all things being equal.
However, maybe you don’t want or need underwritten life insurance. If not, guaranteed issue life insurance is good for:
(1) people who want a quick and easy application process. They don’t mind paying extra. However, until now, what put them off was a low death benefit (usually up to $25,000)
(2) people who have moderate to severe health conditions, or a lifestyle situation, and can’t qualify for an underwritten life insurance policy
So, guaranteed issue life insurance is good for people who have:
Obese / high BMI
Recent heart conditions such as a cardiomyopathy
Complications From Diabetes
Drug / Alcohol abuse or use
If you have any of these conditions, or any we didn’t mentioned, you are probably eligible for the life insurance. We said earlier, however, there is one question to answer. Not many people will qualify for this life insurance plan. Let’s introduce this question next by discussing the underwriting process.
All guaranteed life insurance applications have questions. Many of these questions are administrative only; they ask about any current policies you have and if you will replace the policies.
Some other carriers have one or two health questions about terminal illness or extremely serious conditions.
In this case, there are a few questions to answer, but really only one that is the determining question:
“Are you actively at work and are you able to perform the normal activities of someone of like age?”
That is it.
Before you simply say “Yes!” Think about that question. It’s not a gray area, subject to interpretation.
- Are you actively at work, and
- Can you perform the normal activities of someone your own age?
It’s not a hard question, but too many think they qualify, and they don’t.
Let’s discuss this question in more detail.
What Does The Question Mean?
This isn’t a trick question.
If you don’t work, you simply can’t obtain this insurance. You can be healthy every other way, but if you don’t work, let’s say due to depression, you don’t qualify. It is that simple.
And, if you only work a few hours per week, that is not “actively” at work. I think you would agree with me.
In fact, even working 10 or 15 hours per week is not actively at work.
Let’s talk about normal activities.
What is a normal activity for someone your age? Well, a normal activity means being able to dress yourself. Eating without assistance, too.
It also means the ability to read and comprehend. Have a conversation.
I think you see where I am going with this.
A negative answer prevents many people from purchasing this insurance. Essentially, if you need assistance with any activities of daily living, you can’t purchase this insurance. Moreover, as we discussed, if you are disabled and not working, well, you can’t purchase this insurance.
For example, I think you’ll agree that a normal activity of someone age 45 is to work. If you can’t work, then you can’t purchase this insurance.
Nevertheless, many people with moderate to severe health conditions, or none at all if they want speed and simplicity, can purchase this insurance, up to $100,000 in coverage. Provided, they can truthfully answer the question.
I am sure you are interested, so let’s talk about the life insurance in more detail.
Available Types of Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance For $100k
The carrier we use offers 2 types of guaranteed issue life insurance up to 100k:
- (1) term life
- (2) universal life (a type of permanent insurance)
Guaranteed issue term life insurance is uncommon. Usually, guaranteed issue life insurance is a whole life insurance product.
Universal life is a type of permanent life insurance. Permanent insurance is designed to last one’s lifetime. Types of permanent insurance include whole life, universal life, and variants of universal life.
Let’s go into these two life insurance options in more detail.
Guaranteed Issue Term Life Insurance Up To $100,000
Here are the particulars with the term life insurance:
- Eligible ages: 16 to 75
- Guaranteed issue life insurance up to 100k, provided question answered truthfully. Can apply up to $500,000 (with health questions answered, no paramedical exam.)
- Spousal guaranteed issue up to $15,000
- Children guaranteed issue up to $10,000
- Conversion privilege to permanent insurance
- Living benefits included (yes, that is right)
- Term monthly premium is guaranteed for 5 years. After that, the premiums can increase
- Immediate death benefit. That is right; no waiting period
Let’s discuss the universal life next.
Guaranteed Issue Universal Life Insurance Up To $100,000
Here are the particulars on the universal life insurance plan:
- Eligible ages:16 to 75
- Guaranteed issue up to $100,000, provided the answer to the question answered in the affirmative. Can apply up to $500,000 with underwriting (health questions; no paramedical exam)
- Spousal guaranteed issue up to $15,000
- Children guaranteed issue up to $25,000 for universal life or $10,000 term life insurance rider
- Cash value earns a minimum of 3%. Remember, premiums are not guaranteed.
- Living benefits included
- Optional automatic increase in face amount rider
- Immediate death benefit
Let’s discuss premiums on the life insurance next.
Premium Cost Of The Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
Here are current premiums, for guaranteed issue life insurance up to 100k, provided you answer the question in the affirmative, of course. These are unisex rates. Tobacco use rates are much higher. Contact us if you have any questions.
The application process to obtain the guaranteed issue life insurance is very simple.
The application is online and obtained through a link from us.
Honestly, you can apply yourself; however, I recommend we do this together over the phone. We can screen share very easily, and I can show you how that is done.
Here is what you will need to do:
- need to register for access to the enrollment portal
- input your personal information (a secured; encrypted site)
- select Term or Universal Life
- answer 3 questions (including the one we described above)
- input who will be enrolling – you, you and your spouse, or family coverage
- enter smoking status, coverage amount, and other information then click on continue enrollment
- agree to the terms and continue with the enrollment
- enter your payment information and finalize the enrollment
If it seems easy, it is. Setting up and enrolling is no different than your enrolling or filling out any online application.
Still, though, I recommend you contact us to discuss the steps and screenshare if necessary.
Key Takeaways For The Life Insurance
Here are some key takeaways and summary about the guaranteed issue life insurance up to $100k.
- Really only 1 question to answer (there are two others, but they are about policy replacement and spouse/children enrolling)
- Not everyone will qualify
- Pick term life insurance or universal life insurance
- Apply online through our application link. It is like a ‘cart” option
- Agree to the terms and submit your application
FAQ About Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance Up To 100k
(1) Is this for real?
Yes, this is legitimate. You do need to answer, essentially, that one question as we described earlier.
(2) If I am totally disabled, can I purchase the life insurance?
If you are not working and can’t perform the normal activities of someone at your age, then no.
(3) Is this guaranteed issue life insurance available in all states?
No, these plans are not available in all states. Contact us to find out.
(4) Is this guaranteed issue life insurance available in New York?
New York is a tough state for guaranteed issue life insurance. Some good news, though. While the term guaranteed life insurance is not available, the guaranteed issue universal life insurance is available in New York. Of course, you still have to answer the question. Thus, this life insurance is almost guaranteed issue.
(5) Can I purchase more than $100,000?
Yes, you can purchase up to $500,000. Any amount over $100,000 goes through a simplified underwriting process. This means you have to answer some health questions. Additionally, the carrier will look up your prescription drug history and your MIB report.
(6) Can someone else own the policy?
No, the applicant must be the insured and owner. A guardian, power of attorney, or trust can not own the policy. If you are in need of life insurance which contain these ownership options, please contact us.
(7) Is there a waiting period on the death benefit?
There is not waiting period on the life insurance.
(8) Can’t I just lie on the life insurance application? The carrier won’t find out, right?
Lying on an insurance application is fraud. While the carrier may issue the policy, if they don’t feel you answered the questions truthfully, upon death they may either rescind your policy (pay back your premiums) or pay out a smaller death benefit.
Do you really want that for your surviving loved ones? Most people don’t. So, the best way is to be truthful. We have other life insurance options. If you are in a wheelchair or a use a walker, or have cognitive problems, likely you won’t qualify for this insurance.
So, just tell us the truth. We can likely find you the right life insurance for your situation.
How We Can Help
We hope you see that (almost) guaranteed issue life insurance up to 100k is available. Remember, you must be:
- actively working, and
- able to perform the normal activities of someone of like age
If you can say yes to those questions, life insurance is likely available.
Want to know more and how we can help? Contact us or use the form below. We would be happy to chat with you and see if you are a good fit. We will also help you with the application process.
As we always say, there is no risk to contacting us. You see, unlike other agencies, we must work in your best interest. It’s the only way we know how. If we can’t help you, no problem. You’ll learn a little more, and we will part as friends. Seriously!